Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Rock Report - October 9th 2012

A second rock report in the same week?! Crazy times.
Last night, Les Fat Jones played at La [2], the best stage we've graced thus far.


Our name in lights!

Drawback to part time rocking: a 4pm load-in conflicts with jobs. Not mine, as my current self employment affords me some flexibility. Only half the band was able to make it, so we faked our way through sound check with an assist on bass from the guitarist of Esponja, one of the bands we were playing with. This led to a mercifully short sound check. The downside was an improvised stage sound when we started the set. Oh well.
Show notes: I'm still not a great singer. (understatement?) Some painfully out of tune screaming at the end of a new song led me to think am I really doing this in front of people?
A decent size stage meant I could move more, so I'm back to deluge-levels of sweating. (Too sexy?)
Pacing - Needs improvement.
Rocking - achieved.
Overall grade - B
Thanks to everybody who came, especially the row of screaming ladies in front. (They were all friends, but it made us look cool.)
We've got some cool news potentially getting confirmed this week. I'll let you know as soon as it is.

1 comment:

  1. If you're not sweating, then you're certainly not rocking hard enough! ;)

    ReplyDelete